- This event has passed.
1 April, 2021 @ 09:30 – 16:00
As part of our annual Autism Acceptance campaign, North East Autism Society is hosting a virtual conference, with autistic speakers called Acceptance Matters.
The aims of the event are to:
- Educate people about the lives of autistic people (dispel some myths)
- Contribute to changing the negative narrative of autism
- Recognise and celebrate diversity and neurodiversity in all people
- Discuss the barriers to acceptance and the reason for them
- Inspire professionals to change through constructive education
|10.00 – 10.45||Supporting autistic children and young people’s mental health |
|10.45 – 11.00||Break out chat and cuppa|
|11.00 – 11.45||The Verbal Spectrum – Learn our language |
|11.45 – 12.00||How do we capture the views and experiences of all autistic people |
|12.00 – 12.30||Lunch|
|12.30 – 1.15||Fostering a positive autistic identity |
Dr Chloe Farhara
|1.15 – 1.30||Autism Activists presentation |
Video show reel of the work of our activists presented by Kerrie Highcock
|1.30 – 1.45||Break out chat and cuppa|
|1.45 – 2.30||Society Doing Better|
|2.30 – 2.45||Flying high in the sunlight silence (book presentation)|
|2.45 – 3.00||Questions|
When you register a place for the conference you will be sent an email with a link and instructions on how to join the conference through Zoom. Content for the conference is only suitable for adults aged 18+.